Monday 10 December 2012

Honeymoon travel Album


 I attended another class at HK MEMORY CHEST and made a photo album.

Tutor was Angela McDaniel, a mother of 3 kids. Angela is talented in creating double layout and other projects recording every precious moment of her lovely family. I heard Angela was actually inspired by Heidi Swapp's idea - Memory File for getting this album done.

Before the class I did not pay attention to the film, I just remember Angela put her kids photos in the album so I prepared some photos of Anson & Hannah too.

Arrived at HKMC, I found the pattern paper are on the theme of "Travel", I think I should change my mind and get another set of photos from previous holidays. Anyway I knew I wouldn't be able to finish the entire album in 3 hours because lots of techniques have been covered.



The cover of the album was simply made of paper file, which are available in any stationery store.
I sprayed a beautiful orange ink over a stencil and created a nice "monogram" pattern on the covers.

There are lots of inner pockets in this Travel fotoflip album which give me lots of space to store pictures and other accessories.





I kept thinking of what pictures I should put on this album. In the past few years, the most memorable,  meaningful and enjoyable holiday is our HONEYMOON in 2005 ~ Rome and London.

As soon as I went home I took out the disc of the pictures and chose some and printed them out. It also gave me (and my husband) a good chance to review them.

I put a cover picture and stuck a "Our honeymoon" sticker below it.


This adhesive is really interesting, just blow towards it with the heat gun and lots of curly bits and bops appeared.

Remember when.... we took a direct flight to London, then took another flight to Rome on the same day of arrival. It was December 2005 and it was very cold, but no snow.

We love Rome, we visited the Colosseo, Vatican Museums (Musei Vaticani), Vatican City, and the city of Rome for 4 days.

The most exciting moment in Rome was when we planned to visit the Basilica di San Pietro in Vaticano, there was a special mass being held that time, hosted by Pope Benedict XVI. As we are from Hong Kong, we feel so blessed to see Pope in person.






Before returning to Hong Kong we spent 2 days in London, and visited a few places such as the Tower Bridge, Westminster Abbey, London Eye, etc. I have been working for UK companies, this was not my first time to visit London, while I'm still loving it. I love London!



The best thing to look at these pictures is that I am not looking too much different from 7 years ago. However my husband has changed quite much ...more mature now! : )


Besides spending some time to choose pictures, I've also found I saved a collection of Boarding passes, train tickets, bus tickets from the trip.

This travel fotoflip album is really the best place to store our sweet memory!






No comments:

Post a Comment