Thursday 4 October 2012

September layout ~ Cute Hannah


We had a long weekend last week in Hong Kong to celebrating the mid-autumn festival (Full moon festival) and China's national day, which has given me a great productivity. I've been making 3 layouts over the week but one of them is still not 100% happy, so I'm only about to show you 2 of the layouts.

The following layout was done with reference to the September sketch contest hosted by My Creative Sketches. The sketch is basically comprising a few circles.




It's the first time that I trim my photos in round shapes, but they look really nice on my layout (I think!). I've picked 3 pictures of my little daughter, Hannah, which were taken at home few weeks ago.


Regarding paper stock, I used the series of The Sweetest thing (Tangerine) from My Mind’s Eye, I bought from HK Memory Chest, a well-known scrapbooking supplier in Hong Kong.

The sentiments and phrases in this paper stocks are relating to adjectives including sweet, adorable, beautiful... which are all ideal for any projects about girls. Personally I always think my Hannah is relevant to all of these adjectives. Don't you agree with me? : P

I added a few die-cut and punched butterflies in this project and I have embossed two of them.


Recently I'm in love with these flags


I put doilies and scallops behind each photos and they look perfect to go with round-shaped pictures.



The theme of this layout: “Do you know how cute you are? “ - I guess this is the feeling of every mothers towards their daughters, true?

8 comments:

  1. Love the banners and the doilies! Thanks for playing along!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bonnie, it's a great experience to follow each month's contest. Thanks again.

      Delete
  2. What an adorable page...love the pic's. Thanks for playing along with My Creative Sketches!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers, thanks for the ideas every month, the contest is always good push for me to get something done.

      Delete
  3. this is gorgeous take on the sketch, beautiful photographs too. You should add a follow button onto your blog, so people can follow you.... have a wonderful day,...x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sandie for your opinion, I added the follow button already. Thanks for following too. Keep in touch!

      Delete
  4. Oh my goodness! This is amazing! Love the photos and how you scrapped them! Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks for your appreciation. I enjoy every minute on scrapbooking. Keep in touch.

      Delete